Here’s the Latest Update on Cyclone Tej
Merge 104.8 | 22 October 2023
Here are the latest updates on Cyclone Tej, as of Sunday, October 22nd, 6 pm.
- The National Center for Early Warning of Multiple Hazards announced that Cyclone Tej is now located around 450 kilometers away from the coasts of Oman.
- The direct impact has started in Dhofar earlier today with heavy rains reported, and the cyclone is expected to make landfall on Tuesday morning.
- It is currently a category 3 tropical cyclone, and it is expected to intensify into a category 4 within the next 24 hours.
- A public holiday was announced in Dhofar and Al Wusta on Monday and Tuesday.
- Dhofar Municipality called on people in high-risk areas to evacuate, and it prepared a list of available shelters.
- The wind Speed around the center of the cyclone is estimated to be between 100 to 112 knots, and the nearest rainy cloud mass is around 140 km away from the coast of Wilayat of Sadah.
- The Ministry of Health evacuated Sultan Qaboos Hospital in Salalah, to receive emergency cases related to the cyclone.