Registration Now Open for Second Dose of COVID Vaccination
Merge 104.8 | 28 July 2021
Oman’s Minister of Health, Dr. Ahmed bin Mohammed al Saeedi sat down for an interview with Oman TV tonight. Here are the main points he mentioned:
- Those who received the first dose of their Coronavirus vaccine over ten weeks ago will be able to register for their second dose starting from tomorrow.
- The Supreme Committee will meet on Thursday to discuss new COVID-19 developments.
- There was a possibility to vaccinate 11,000 people in Muscat this past Sunday, but only 8,000 registered and 6,000 actually showed up for the jabs.
- Most COVID-related deaths reported both locally and internationally are from people who listened to rumors and refused to get vaccinated.
- Many factors contributed to the lower number of infections, including the higher vaccination rate, the public’s adherence to precautionary measures, and the partial lockdowns.
- The results of the complete closure will only be apparent 10 to 14 days later.
- Most of the recorded cases in the Sultanate are of the Delta variant.
- The number of patients admitted to ICU directly from their homes has increased, which shows the seriousness of the new strain.
- The first dose for the age group 12-18 years will begin next week, to ensure students’ safe return to classrooms next semester.