The Promotional Activity (Competition) is carried out for promotion of the services rendered by The SABCO MEDIA MERGE FM.
- Available SMS codes
- SMS short codes as well as Cost/SMS per operator can be found in the table below:
- All the MT messages sent to the participants from the above designated short codes are free of charge.
- The Organizer of the Competition:
- SABCO MEDIA, a pan-Omani infotainment Radio broadcasting network based in Oman.
- The name of the Competition:
- Time frame of the Competition:
- The Competition « 25K Give Away» (the Competition) will run from the 1st of December 2019 until the 9th of April 2020. Please check online at www.merge1048.com
- All participants warrant that they have read and fully understand these Terms and Conditions which are on public view at merge1048.com
- By sending an SMS (for Cost/SMS kindly see Clause 1) to the Short Code (for Short code/operator also see Clause 1), the participants signal their complete acceptance and full understanding of these Terms and Conditions and agree:
- To receive SMS communication from the Organizer on their mobile phones relating to the “25K Give Away”
- To receive SMS communication/advertising offers from the Organizer or from other companies that cooperate with the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted online at at www.merge1048.com
- In the event of dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Organizer shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while the Organizer provides the offer (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the offer for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- Participants of the Competition:
- The following are eligible to participate:
- Natural persons (other than people employed by the Organizer, or its partners, for the period of the Competition, and also their relatives up to 4th degree and spouses), who are mobile subscribers of all Operators involved in this Campaign and by The SABCO Media Merge FM listeners during the period of the Competition. If the winner is a minor, then at the delivery date of delivering the prize, the winner’s guardian must appear to collect the prize having his/her ID as well as a certification proving that he/she is the guardian.
- Legal entities (e.g. in the case of corporate-owned Mobile Subscriber Numbers of all Operators involved in this Campaign). Only an authorized signatory on behalf of the legal entity will be entitled to take receipt of the prize.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any provision of the Terms and Conditions.
- By participating in the Competition, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete.
- Availability and accessibility of information and Opt-out mechanism
- All the information for the participants of the Competition with regards to the Competition shall be published at merge1048.com
- Information about the number of chances (participations/points) scored by the participants during the Competition will be sent to the participants in SMS messages automatically as part of the dialogue between the participants and the trivia quiz. In order to know their score at any given time, each participant can send an SMS with keyword “SCORE” to the relevant Short code.
- Each participant can drop out of the Competition and stop receiving any information about the Competition by sending an SMS with keyword “STOP” to the designated Short code. If after the participant chooses to send a new SMS message to the Short Code, he/she will be again considered as a participant in the Competition.
- If the Competition is terminated the Organizer of the Competition will publish in the official resources of the Competition (merge1048.com) a message about the termination of the Competition.
- During the campaign the Organizer reserves the right to add or terminate any of the above short codes. If the latter one happens, all the participants who have participated during the campaign still reserve their chances/points for the prizes and are eligible to win.
- Interruption or early termination of the Competition shall not release the Organizer from its obligation to give out already awarded prizes and execute other actions required, except for the cases when termination or interruption of the Competition was called by actions or events which are not under the Organizer’s control.
- The Organizer of the Competition shall not release personal information about participants of the Competition to any third persons unless required to do so by law or in order to comply with Sultanate of Oman government entities.
- The Organizer reserves the right not to enter into written negotiations or otherwise contact with the participants of the Competition other than in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or in accordance with the requirements of the current legislation of Sultanate of Oman.
For more information, the participant can contact the call center department during working days (from Sunday to Thursday) between 9am to 2pm. To call, please contact: +96824426900.
- Regulations of participation in the Competition:
- To participate in the Competition the participant must send an SMS to the designated Short Code.
- Once the participant enters the Competition, he/she will receive the first chances/points for the prizes and a welcome message with a question and 2 possible answers (one answer is correct and the other(s) wrong). The participant answers the question by sending an SMS with the correct answer (which will be a numerical answer) to the Short Code.
- For each correct answer to the question the participant receives at least 5 chances/points, which are added up during the Competition. Wrong/Invalid answers give 1 chance/point. The chances/points for each correct answer to the question will be added in two modes:
- Basic Mode: In basic mode, the participant receives 5 chances/points for each correct answer and 1 chance/point for wrong or invalid answers.
- Bonus Phases: There will be various bonus phases where the participant receives more chances/points than the ones awarded in the Basic Mode. These phases can last for some minutes/hours.
Prizes are mentioned below:
- Place, date, time and order of the prizes
- The same subscriber’s number (MSISDN) cannot win the same prize more than once during the period of the Competition.
- Winners’ award will be conducted at the premises of the Organizer in the presence of a governmental authorities’ person.
- One Daily Prize winner of 100 OMR every Day from Sunday till Wednesday of the Competition, Weekly prizes 500 OMR Every Thursday during the Competition, Monthly prize 2,000 OMR at the end of each month of the Competition. All the prizes will be awarded via the draw mechanism. The last draw of 10,000 OMR will take place on Thursday, April 9th, 2020. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total chances/points, earned by each participant until each Wednesday at 23:59:59. During the Competition each chance/point earned for the answers is assigned to a unique for each participant pool. For example, 10 chances/points received for a correct answer entitle the corresponding participant (MSISDN) to 10 entries; 500 chances/points – to 500 entries in the prize draw. Each draw will determine 1 winner and 5 runner-ups. For the first draw the record will consist of entry sets corresponding to the total chances/points earned by each participant from December 1st, 2019 until Thursday April 9th (TIME OF DRAW). For the last draw the record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total chances/points earned by each participant from December 1st, 2019 until Thursday April 9th.
- The winner is notified by SABCO MEDIA Radio’s & via phone call to their subscriber number. The winner will receive notice within 10 business days from the date of the nomination day. The name or its initials of the winners may be announced via SABCO MEDIA and/or via SMS to all the participants included in the record.
- Participants are eligible to win a Daily/Weekly/Monthly or Grand prize with just 1 interaction during the corresponding participation. By participating during the corresponding week (from the previous Thursday at 00:00:00 to the corresponding Wednesday at 23:59:59) via the Short Code, they also transfer their chances/points from the beginning of the competition for that particular Weekly Prize.
- A Daily/weekly/Monthly prize winner cannot win another Daily/weekly/Monthly prize.
- Terms of the prizes:
- All prizes will be awarded not more than 170 days after the last day of the Competition.
- The winner is responsible for payment of due taxes and collections for the prize under any relevant current legislation.
- The winners will be contacted by the Organizer. The winners must confirm in writing that they are the legal holder of the winning mobile subscriber number and that they are entitled to the prize and shall complete all the necessary documents provided by the Organizer. All winners must provide identification documents in order to receive the prize. Prizes may be received by a representative of the winner by proxy upon written confirmation from the winner.
- By participating in the Competition, the winners agree that any of their data, including names, surnames, photos and video images, can be used by SABCO MEDIA RADIO’s and any other medium it chooses and in any country for advertising purposes with no prior consent of the winner and free of charge.
- The Organizer will select up to 5 runner-up winners and if the notified winner refuses the prize or fails to appear to collect it, then the Organizer will contact one of the relevant runner-up winners that they have won the prize. If none of the runner-up winners accept the prize or do not show up within 10 calendar days of notification, then the prize will remain the property of the Organizer of the Competition.
- Decisions made by the Organizer will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable.
- Limitation of liability
- The Organizer accepts no responsibility whatsoever for, including without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control and execution.
- The Organizer reserves the right to whenever is deemed necessary temporarily suspend the Competition for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades). The Organizer promises to restore the Competition as soon as possible after any temporary suspension period.
- The Organizer advises participants to use caution and common sense when participating in the Competition at all times.
- Disclaimer of warranties
- Participants understand and agree that they participate in this Competition at their own risk and willingness and have not been coerced in any manner to enter the Competition.
- The Organizer makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Competition will be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither the Organizer nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant participating in the Competition or as a result of accepting the prize.
- The Organizer is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, participants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against the Organizer, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance or user of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
- Data protection and Publicity
- Personal data related to voice, image, name or address and any other relevant information will be included in a filing system belonging to the Organizer as data controller, and can be used for taking part in the competition as well as publicity mailing, or other purposes relating to the Organizer’s services, unless otherwise indicated.
- Participants agree that if they win a prize then their names and partial digits of their mobile subscriber number will be published for informational purposes only.
- Governing Law
- In any case of disagreement arises participants can present their complaint to the Organizer and the issue will be decided in accordance with the laws of
Sultanate of Oman.